We’ve seen a large number of Clenergy inverters displaying the Relay Failure fault message, it can be displayed on all the Clenergy inverter models although the SPH15, SPH20 and SPH30 models are the main ones that seem to have the issue around Gold Coast and Brisbane area.
In each case according to the Clenergy solar inverter manual the Relay Failure means grid output relay failure. Now isn’t that helpful to know?! What it means in plain English is the Clenergy inverter has detected a fault with a relay inside the inverter; this is an electrical component inside the inverter that has developed an issue and is not allowing the system to produce any power.
The first thing you can try is rebooting the system:
- Turn OFF the Solar Supply Main Switch in the switchboard
- Turn OFF the PV Array DC Isolator beside the inverter
- Wait for the Clenergy inverter screen to go blank and then a few more seconds
- Turn the PV Array DC Isolator beside the inverter back ON
- Turn the Solar Supply Main Switch in the switchboard back ON
- Wait for the inverter to reboot
- See if the Relay Failure fault has cleared
If the reboot has not cleared the Relay Failure then it looks like you will require the assistance of a professional solar power accredited electrician.