A Clenergy SPH Solar Inverter Slave Flash error is a common issue that we see with the Clenergy SPH brand of solar inverters.
With this issue both the Power-On and Status light are off and the Slave Flash message is displayed on the screen. According to the Clenergy SPH solar inverter manual the Slave Flash message means that the internal program is updating the Slave CPU through the RS232 interface. That’s what the manual says however when we have seen the Slave Flash message nothing is connected to the RS232 communication interface and it’s an internal fault with the inverter.
If you Clenergy SPH solar inverter is showing a Slave Flash message on the screen you need to do something about it ASAP as you’re solar power system isn’t operational.
Try to reboot the system by following the proper shutdown procedure as shown below:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or the Inverter AC Isolator (if applicable).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If the fault continues, check if your Clenergy SPH solar inverter is still within the 5-year warranty from the installation date so a warranty claim can be made on the inverter. To make a warranty claim you will need to provide proof of purchase in the form of a tax invoice or Certificate of Compliance from when it was originally installed along with the model and serial numbers found on the top of the inverter.