Low power output issues with Clenergy solar inverters is something we’ve seen a number of times here at Gold Coast Power Solutions, this is a an issue where the inverter is producing power but the power levels are nowhere near what they should be.
The status of the inverter may show that it’s operational and doesn’t have any problem (red fault light is not on). However, what you will notice is that the inverter is producing very low power to nothing at all, while it should be producing a good amount of power.
If you are observing the same thing on your Clenergy inverter the first thing to do is to check if there is no shading on your solar panels. Should there be no issues with shade then the possible causes of low power output on a Clenergy solar inverter could be:
- Problem with the DC Isolator or the cables on the Solar DC side
- Problem with the solar panels on the roof
- Problem on the solar inverter itself
Either way, it’s going to be best to get a professional solar accredited electrician to check out the system and have look into the cause of the issue for you.
Try rebooting your solar inverter by following the system shut down procedure:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH of Inverter AC Isolator.
- Turn off the PV ARRAY DC Isolator beside the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the AC Isolator.
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait until the power light is on and check that the screen displays the expected power output.
If the above procedure does not solve the low power issue, we recommend contacting a professional solar accredited electrician.