we’ve seen a large number of Clenergy inverters displaying the Ground I Fault message, it can be displayed on all the Clenergy inverter models although the SPH15, SPH20 amd SPH30 models are the main ones that seem to have the issue around the Gold Coast and Brisbane areas. In each case according to the Clenergy solar inverter manual the Ground I Fault means Grid output ground leakage current too high. Now isn’t that helpful to know?! What it means in English is the Clenergy inverter has detected a fault whereby some of the power is being lost to earth, and as this is a major issue it shuts the inverter down for safety.
The first thing you can try is rebooting the system:
- Turn OFF the Solar Supply Main Switch in the switchboard
- Turn OFF the PV Array DC Isolator beside the inverter
- Wait for the Clenergy inverter screen to go blank and then a few more seconds
- Turn the PV Array DC Isolator beside the inverter back ON
- Turn the Solar Supply Main Switch in the switchboard back ON
- Wait for the inverter to reboot
- See if the Ground I Fault has cleared
If the reboot has not cleared the Ground I Fault then it looks like you will require the assistance of a professional solar power accredited electrician.