Solar Energy Creates Huge Business Savings
“More than 15,000 businesses have now installed a solar power system, helping them save a collective $64 million on the power bills every year.”
– stated Mr Thornton, the Clean Energy Council’s Chief Executive
The Clean Energy Council has just released their Clean Energy Australia Report 2014. This is a review of all renewable energy sources generated within the nation last year. Both residential and commercial solar energy continued to grow strongly. In fact, business and commercial solar energy recorded the strongest growth across all the clean energy industries.
Solar energy is now in use on over 1.4 million homes. However, it now seems that the business and commercial sectors are also seeing the benefits, and the results of having solar power installed. This includes industry giants like Mars Confectionary and IKEA. The solar energy trend is picking up strong momentum. This is particularly true now that small businesses have access to the federal government’s $20,000 tax write-off scheme.
Solar Energy helped contribute significantly to the power consumption across Australia. Some of the main results coming from the Clean Energy Australia 2014 Report include;
- We have nearly reached the halfway point for the Renewable Energy Target (RET) 33,000 gigawatt-hours (GWh) due to new, large-scale renewable energy generation produced last year
- Clean energy contributed 13.47% of Australia’s total power consumption
- More than 187,000 solar energy rooftop systems were installed on homes and small business.
- In terms of clean energy, approximately 95% of it powered Tasmania. South Australia’s power consumption was met by about 40% of clean energy
- Bundaberg is the solar capital of Australia, closely followed by Mandurah (WA), and Hervey Bay (QLD).
- In excess of 20,000 people are employed within the renewable, clean energy industries here in Australia.
Large numbers of households and businesses benefiting by installing solar energy, including large commercial operations. If you want to find out what sort of results you could achieve for your home and/or business, why not contact us today for Your Obligation Free Quote.