Abbott’s plan to AXE Renewable Energy Target.
Independent modelling finds that if the Abbott government terminates the Renewable Energy Target there would be no reduction to household power prices and carbon emissions would climb by 15 million tonnes a year!
The federal government is moving towards abolishing the Renewable Energy Target rather than scaling it back in a move that will cost almost $11 billion in proposed investment and which is at odds with the views of its own Environment Minister.
Independent modelling commissioned by the Climate Institute and other environmental groups, has found that under the termination scenario, coal-fired power generators would reap an extra $25 billion in profits between 2015 and 2030.
With the government favouring termination, possibly before the end of this month, it was now ‘more likely’ the RET will be abolished under a so-called “closed to new entrants scenario” in which existing contracts only would be honoured.
This really is your last opportunity to take advantage of the solar rebate, reduce your energy bills and protect yourself from the inevitable electricity price rises.
It’s important that you are aware that:
1. The Rebates are still available
2. Acting now could save you $$$$$ in installation costs
3. Act now and reduce your power bill sooner rather than later
4. Commercial business and solar production work hand in hand and deliver bigger benefits than in a residential applications
5. Typical commercial systems range from 10 – 99kW and are a tax deductable investment
We are here to help you understand the complexities of solar power and cannot stress highly enough that acting now can mean the difference in thousands of dollars in savings and costs to your company or family.